Monday, August 11, 2008

bye. I'm sorry

First day of school. Awful. Crying, screaming awful. I don't even know what happened. I have to assume he was nervous although he denied being at all worried or even excited when we tried to talk about it last night. He seemed mellow, as usual, and ready to go. Until 6:45 this morning.

We have a tight schedule to get to school on time. Up at 6:45 and in bed with me to wake up. Dressed by 7:00. Shoes on before breakfast. Out the door by 7:25.

I aimed for 7:20 this morning, knowing we had to find parking and carry in twelve pounds of school supplies. He sobbed while getting dressed about how badly I was treating him. He broke a few really big family rules and I almost let him slide but decided it'd be a mistake. He did not deal well with the consequences. He was arguing instead of eating and I almost had to shove him in the car, crying and without breakfast in order to get there.

He moaned about the discipline I'd given him all the way until we entered the school, interspersed with complaints that Bug didn't have to start. Once indoors he was silent. No "goodbye" no nothing. I gave him our secret wave and left.

2 comments:

  1. Poor you! I'm sure he's long since recovered and is fine, but I'm sure you're feeling anxious about it all. At least, I know I would be. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry. It can only improve, though, right?

    ReplyDelete