Thursday, February 14, 2008

little in hindsight

I just started a photo album project I've been putting off. An older album had gotten ripped up and I needed to pull out every photo from June 2005 until December 2006 to put them all in a new album. My Pook was so little! I know Bug was little. I still think of my newly four year old Bug as little. But I think my firstborn has always been Big to me. I've always been amazed at what new trick he's learned, what new word he's used, what new thing he's made. I think of him as so grown up. And then I look at old photos and I see him through different eyes. And he was such a little guy. Then I promise myself I'll appreciate him while he's still little. I'll remember that he's only six and can only do what a six year old can do. I'll have appropriate expectations. I'll be patient. He's a little kid. But he's amazingly grown up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment