Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I can be there for you

We're home from our trip. CD and I had a fabulous week. Can't remember being so relaxed. Done with that though....

I headed out this evening with the kids and got distracted at a traffic light, paying more attention to the light as it turned green than to the driver in front of me who hadn't started to drive yet. I hit his car and caused a good sized crack in the fiberglass bumper. My car was fine (as were all the participants).

My insurance company wanted me to get the police involved-- which I had wanted to avoid. They showed up quickly however- a car with sirens as well as two motorcycles. The kids were thrilled. After all the paperwork was completed and the other car was sent on his way, the police invited the boys to get out of the car to say hi. One of the guys pulled out police badge stickers and asked the kids if they wanted to become police. As excited as Bug was feeling, he let Pook do the talking. Then the guy had them hold up their right hands (a little help to figure that out) and take an oath to be good kids and follow my directions, clean their rooms, etc. He actually got me to laugh, which I was desperately needing at that point.

On the way home Bug was mulling it over again and announced to me, "I really want to be a police when I grow up now. I can ride a motorcycle and when you have a accident I can be there for you."

Yes, babe. You can be there for me.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry about the accident, but so glad the police were nice. Not to mention the kids. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story. Almost worth the fender-bender! How nice the policemen were so friendly to you and the boys. Just remember, it's just a car. Thankfully, nobody was hurt.

    I want to hear about your trip! Where'd you go? What'd you do?? I love the Pacific Northwest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am catching up on your blog I didn't know you had been in a fender bender and had to go to court! - but this story cracked me up! I can just see and hear the little Bug saying that, too. What a doll.

    ReplyDelete