Wednesday, July 8, 2009

schlurp

I believe that is the sound of Facebook sucking up my time.

I resisted for so long. And today I gave up. Our friends L&P are on a five week adventure driving around the US with their kids and CD knew where they were today. Today. "Well, they're posting on Facebook". No matter how much protesting that "that isn't fair!" it didn't change the fact. I am missing out.

For the past year(s?), the more I heard about Facebook the harder I ran in the opposite direction. Trendy? Hide. "But Everyone is doing it"-- run. But run no longer. I am deep into time suckage.

I spent hours today trying to find a head shot of myself. I seem to either be behind the camera or I have bad hair. In the summer I always have bad hair and on vacations I always have bad hair and before I shower when Santa and the Easter Bunny have just visited, I have bad hair. I passed on all those photos and found one with Bug that was acceptable. I cropped just my face and tried to add it to my profile. It was not to be. I messed with it on and off all day. I'm still trying to figure out why it won't upload correctly.

All of this while, for the first time ever, I'm having to decide whether to limit screen time for my kids. Having gone without tv without any problems, they have recently discovered some online games and also been introduced to Paint.net.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is sad, the time sucking of facebook. I hear twitter and plurk are much the same. I am on facebook but have the settings so that no one can reach me! Don't call me, I'll call you. Friends traveling being the exceptions of course. HA
    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture you chose is lovely, and so is your hair! You can be strong and avoid the time suckers. It is a great way to keep in touch with people, but be sure the people you friend are people you really want to hear about.

    ReplyDelete