Monday, December 21, 2009

be right with ya

"I ca-an't do all that.  It's too much wo-ork.  Will you help me?"

"Sure.
After I shower.
And finish washing and folding the four loads of laundry I need to do.
And packing your clothes into a suitcase.
And your brother's clothes.
And choosing my clothes and packing them into a suitcase.
And getting items to entertain you in the car.
And getting things for your brother to have in the car.
And getting things for me and Daddy for the car.
And getting snacks for all of us in the car.
And wrapping the last couple of Christmas gifts.
And packing the gifts to take with us.
And the stockings!
Sure, then I'll help you.  Wait for me right here."

2 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip! I hope the weather cooperates for you. We've decided to cancel our trip to Sanibel. We were flying out on the 25th, but there's a huge storm/blizzard heading our way on, yep, the 24/25th. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy travels, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete