Monday, December 15, 2008

mmmmmm

I decided to make apple butter for teachers and neighbors this year. Well, yes, I still made lots of the pretzel candies, but there are a lot of teachers and neighbors. I'll give it all away. Except what we eat. My house smells fantastic right now. I've heard that you can sell a house faster if it smells like this. So, whether you want to sell a house or just have your house smell great, here is a cheater's apple butter recipe.

Fast Slow-Cooker Applebutter

(I really love the name)
50 oz jar of unsweetened applesauce (I said it was easy!)
1/3 cup sugar or brown sugar (or more if you need it, but I decreased it until we noticed and that is where we stopped)
1/2 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
Spray edges of slow cooker. Cook on high for 6-16 hours. (Until you have time to put it in jars)
Eat on biscuits, bagels, pancakes, spoons....
Or give as gifts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment