Thursday, May 2, 2013

the cupboards were bare

Poor Old Mother Hubbard!  To live like this regularly would be the end of me.  I didn't expect the prep for the kitchen demolition to be so hard. I'd packed so much up ahead of time.  I thought that "all" that was left was the kitchen cupboards.  Ha!  I cannot possibly have had all THAT in my kitchen cupboards!

The only difference between what we did for the demo and what one does to move is that we didn't have to pack as carefully.  Once glassware got upstairs to the office it's safe; it isn't going to get rattled around in a truck. In fact when we ran out of boxes we just piled up dishes on the floor.


I did a lot of the "I'll clean that when I unpack it" and "I'll throw some of this away when I unpack" that I know is bad. But I was getting so tired at that point I didn't much care.  Ideally I'll be able to take my time unpacking and can wash things and find a new home for everything worth keeping.


The dumpster arrived too- a huge behemoth of a thing. I had to film the depositing of it in the driveway for two young boys who had to go to school, and missed it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment