Monday, June 25, 2012

home and not home

Pook flew to Utah on Sunday, to attend an Elderhostel with my parents. This morning they participated in a ropes course and tomorrow morning they get a hot air balloon ride. Some activities will be for grandchildren only, some for the grandparents, and many will bring them together. I know Pook will love a zip line, but my mom? We'll see. Park City, Utah, is the site of the 2002 Winter Olympics. So they'll visit many of the Olympic venues and, I think, get a chance to bobsled. Except there wouldn't be any ice so I think this is referred to as an "alpine slide" instead. No less exciting.

Bug, while his brother and feuding partner is away, is attending a morning tennis camp.  After a week he will have about as much experience with tennis as I have. Today he learned a forehand swing, played a game called "Jail" and made friends with a boy "who is 13... but nice!" He has already been bored, but is outside (on his brother's bike) at the moment, dealing well with his boredom for now.

I am wondering if I should make Pook's bed and tidy his room. I've already picked up the dirty laundry and washed it, but I wouldn't want the room to look totally un-lived-in or I'd start to miss him too much.  I'll leave the bed unmade.

I am not out and about nor learning anything new. I'm folding the fifth load of laundry washed today. I'm reading aloud (the second to last chapter of Harry Potter, Chamber of Secrets) to Bug. I'm listening to the ice cream truck (which doesn't seem to have gotten the memo that the pool is closed Mondays to save the impoverished county money.) I'm smelling banana bread that I helped Bug bake earlier.  I'm still relaxed from the yoga class I attended this morning.  All is calm and good.


0 comments:

Post a Comment